TERMS & CONDITIONS
Membership management services provided by Firehouse Fitness.
- This agreement is an agreement between you and Firehouse Fitness. This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of this web sign up process. If you did not sign up on the club’s premises you have 14 full days after signup to cancel this agreement for any reason. To exercise this right you must inform Firehouse Fitness of this by email using the contact details at the bottom of these terms and conditions. If you exercise this right to cancel we will reimburse you all joining and membership fee payments received from you using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction. If you have used the service before requesting to cancel then we will reduce your membership fee refund by a pro rata amount equal to the number of days from signup to the date cancellation was requested.
- Your membership starts immediately.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the Type of Membership chosen, subject to your timely payment of the fees and charges set out below and the successful processing of your direct debit instruction.
- Paysafe provides direct debit payment services to you. Firehouse Fitness’ administers this agreement with you, in consideration for which you agree to pay all the fees and charges associated with your Membership and set out below to Firehouse Fitness.
FEES AND CHARGES
- The Joining Fee / Initial Payment is due and payable immediately on execution of the agreement and is not refundable other than in the event of breach or negligence by Firehouse Fitness or on the valid exercise of your statutory cancellation rights, as set out in the Principle Terms above.
- Your obligations to Mindbody include payment of the Direct Debit Payment Amount. You are obligated to make the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments stated with the first one being paid on the 1st Direct Debit Payment Date and then every month thereafter. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non- attendance, except where the Agreement is cancelled in accordance with the cancellation terms below or under your statutory cancellation rights, as set out in the Principle Terms above.
- If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, Firehouse has the right to charge you (i) an initial administration fee of £25; and (ii) any and all further reasonable costs incurred by Firehouse Fitness in recovering the due fees and charges from you, including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us. Firehouse Fitness has the right to recover these fees and costs shall be in addition to and without limitation of our rights or those of Firehouse Fitness which may exist notwithstanding the terms of our Agreement.
- You agree to advise Firehouse Fitness promptly of any change to the Members Details provided.
- If you cancel your Direct Debit whilst still under the terms of this agreement, a 7 day grace period will be permitted to allow you the opportunity to reset your Direct Debit and settle any outstanding monies. Failure to reset your Direct Debit and pay outstanding monies (and any subsequent charges) will result in Firehouse Fitness automatically taking payment from your credit/debit card. If you fail to communicate with us within 28 days, we will continue to take payment from your credit/debit card for the remainder of your contract.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then Firehouse Fitness may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. In addition to any costs and charges Firehouse Fitness may be entitled to under clause 7, the reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you, including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us.
- Once you have completed the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit Payment Amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment (“Renewal Period”). This renewal Direct Debit payment amount may only be amended if we advise you in writing giving not less than 30 days notice. Please note if your membership included the benefit of a free period then we will stop making collections during that free period and recommence making collections on the renewal date.
- You may prevent the Automatic Renewal at any time by giving notice to Firehouse Fitness in writing by post or email using the contact details below or attending the club in person (you should give us not less than 30 days notice). When the final minimum period payment has been taken you should also cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank.
- Once you have completed the Minimum Number of Direct Debit payments you can cancel your Automatic Renewal payments by contacting Firehouse Fitness in writing by post or email using the contact details below or attending the club in person (you should give us not less than 30 days notice). After the final payment has been taken you should also cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank. Where a Direct Debit payment falls within the 30 days notice period, payment will still be taken on the payment date. You may continue to use the club 30 days after that payment.
- Relocation: This agreement can be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is more than 15 miles away from the facility upon receipt of a copy utility bill or bank statement showing the new address and 30 days notice being given in writing either by post or email to the contact details below.
- Long term (over 3 month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided.
- Redundancy: This agreement can be cancelled upon appropriate proof of redundancy from your employer or other loss of livelihood.
- Pregnancy: This agreement can be cancelled if you become pregnant upon the appropriate written proof being given. Please note – ANY Cancellation for the above reasons will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by Firehouse Fitness.
- Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect and we have fallen well below that standard
- Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, injury, or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time. Please note – ANY Freeze will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by Firehouse Fitness. Please note – A freeze period does not affect the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed.
- Any Other Reason: This agreement may be frozen for reasons other than Temporary Illness or Injury only at the Club’s discretion. Requests must be made in writing. A monthly fee of £5.00 will be charged for each month the membership is in the freeze period which must be paid upfront.
- From time to time Firehouse Fitness will take photos and short videos for use on our website and social media accounts. If you do not wish to appear in any of our photos or videos please notify us so we can make a note on your account. If we do not receive a request for you to not appear in our photos or videos, we will take this as consent.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently within Firehouse Fitness and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided we give you reasonable advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced. You may transfer your membership to another person provided that such person pay a Joining Fee signs an agreement with us and accepts the balance of any remaining Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments.
- We will do our best to resolve any disputes over this agreement. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within the United Kingdom. Relevant UK law will apply.
- If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Clubs Rules (i.e. Stealing or other criminal activities within the facility). In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit Payments, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
Unit 4 Archer Road Retail Park